Group lessons are suitable for ALL LEVELS and taught in English. February 2024 Schedule is as follows:
Develop your personal yoga program
Verbal and practical adjustments with the teacher
Learn the correct way with personal attention
"Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self."
In Own Balance Yoga Studio, our yoga group lessons are given in small to medium size groups in order to provide enough personal attention to you. It is significantly important to practice any asana and/or pranayama correctly in the beginning, rather than correcting/changing a habit later on. If you are already a yoga practicioner, and/or have particular (body or mind) goals to work towards in time, our teachers will support you in your journey as well.
At Own Balance, we give 5 types of yoga group lessons suitable for ALL LEVELS;
- Vinyasa Flow practice is a high intensity flow session for the duration of 1 hour (Mondays) or 75 minutes (Saturdays). Traditional ujjayi breath and bandha engagement are also taught and focused on. This practice also prepares the practitioner to arm balances, advanced core utilisation in asana and eventually to an ashtanga practice (if desired). This practice focuses on developing both strength and flexibility.
- Easy Flow practice is a medium intensity flow session which also utilizes ujjayi breath and bandha engagement.
- Yin practices are also 1 hour long, during which asanas are held for longer durations. This style of yoga practice apply moderate stress to the connective tissues with the aim of increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility. This is a slow and patient practice, which greatly improves the flexibility of joints.
- Hatha Yoga is a medium intensity session which consists of a clearly defined sequence of asanas in their authentic execution and combines physical, breathing (pranayama) and meditative practices. The practice has a medium tempo with an emphasis on holding asanas for a long time and performing them correctly. The practice is suitable for any level as there are variations of asanas from basic to advanced levels. This practice increases energy, improves balance and flexibility of the body, calms the mind, and improves digestion and sleep.
- Relax Flow is a 1 hour soul soothing evening class that blends the serenity of classic Hatha yoga with specific focus on hip and spine release. As the day transitions into twilight, this class invites you to unwind and rejuvenate, letting go of the tension accumulated in your joints and spine. Guided by gentle rhythm if your breath, this class invites you to embrace the stillness of your inner serenity, leaving you both physically and mentally renewed as you journey towards a restful night’s sleep.
Yoga is a diet not only for our body but also for our mind. To listen to your body without the influence of your mind; is the only way to improve your yoga practice. Yoga is a personal journey towards understanding and experiencing how do “we” work…